Office of Online Education
As a steward of Indiana University’s tradition of excellence, the Office of Online Education works in partnership with all IU campuses to serve students and promote learning through quality online education.
The IU Office of Online Education is charged with providing leadership, management, and coordination of online education across all IU campuses.
Its tasks include:
- Providing strategic oversight of IU's online education activities
- Serving as a gatekeeper for intercampus issues regarding online education
- Functioning as the point of final decision making
- Maintaining the IU Online and Teaching Online at IU websites.
- Collaborating with state agencies and other entities that influence online education
- Working with campuses, colleges, and schools to encourage exploration and implementation of online education programs consistent with the university’s strategic plan
- Assessing resource needs at the university and unit levels, and determining ways to meet these needs through pricing and other policies
- Leading discussions concerning criteria that should be used to assess new online degrees and programs
- Defining IU's data collection needs related to online education and assuring that they are met
- Working with the bursar, registrar, and other key units to improve the ease and efficiency of offering multi-campus courses and programs
For more information about the Office of Online Education, contact us.