Office of Completion and Student Success
The Office of Completion and Student Success works across all IU campuses and units to provide an ongoing structure and culture that ensures student access and success is at the forefront on all IU campuses. The Office works collaboratively with all campuses and university units to facilitate and coordinate completion activities through four key strategies:
- training and resource development for student success across the campuses;
- monitoring and reporting on completion and success efforts both internally and externally;
- working with UITS to develop the appropriate technology to support completion; and
- fostering research into IU’s completion efforts to better inform campus practices.
- This work strongly demonstrates Indiana University’s commitment to proactive advising and guided pathways to success, two key higher education focal areas for the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
The Office currently supports training and further development for iGPS , Indiana University’s Interactive Graduation Planning System. In addition, the Office supports campus engagement with the Student Success Collaborative (SSC) of the Education Advisory Board. The SSC dashboard provides predictive analytics and course and academic major success metrics including alternative academic major trajectories. Advisors and campus administrators can use this information to better monitor student degree progress, ensuing that students stay on track to successfully complete their degrees. As a member of this national collaborative, IU benefits from peer benchmarking and sharing of best practices to support learning at all institutions.
Dr. Rebecca Torstrick
Assistant Vice President for University Academic and Regional Campus Affairs and Director
Operations Manager (SSC)
Operations Manager (FLAGS/AdRX; Symplicity)